BISH is a guide to sex, love and you for everyone over 14. Here’s what people say about it!
“Its very easy to find what you’re looking for, it also made me feel very comfortable with myself when reading a lot of stuff” […]
“It’s perfect for young people without being too cringe“ […]
If you need help in person click here to find out about sexual health services. You are welcome to ask me questions but please do have a look at questions I’ve already answered and the rest of the site. There’s a search bar and a menu of different categories up at the top ☝️. Also I’ve created a Coronavirus tag so you can find the posts that might be relevant for you right now.
What Is Sex?
- This guide to ‘what is sex’ aims to answer the most frequently asked questions about sex in a simple and short way. Although yeah, the whole article is like an essay. I’ve tried to define each thing and then give some pointers for how to do them more consensually and safely. [...]
Sexual Health Services
- Learn more about sexual health services for all ages in the UK. What they are, where they are, what they do and what going to a clinic is like. [...]
Guide to Relationships
- In this guide to relationships: we'll look at what we mean by relationships, limits, how you should be treated, romance, trust and break ups. [...]
It’s for people who are (or are thinking about) having sex / relationships. It’s for all genders (trans inclusive) and sexualities, people with disabilities, backgrounds, beliefs and values. It’s got a UK vibe so we say ‘snog’, ‘fancy’ and ‘shag’ a lot. Like most sexual health projects / organisations around the world, we’re pro sex worker rights (full decriminalisation of sex work) and pro trans rights.
Most of the materials on here are written by me, Justin Hancock. I’ve been a sex educator and worked in sexual health services and online since 1999. I do training courses for professionals, and I’m a member of the World Association for Sexual Health. Read more about me and the website.
Latest BISH posts
How to Get a Girlfriend, Boyfriend, or Themfriend
- Here’s my really best advice on how to get a girlfriend, or a boyfriend, or a themfriend. It explains why some of that advice you get from your friends isn’t quite right, but they mean well. [...]
What is Post Nut Clarity?
- In this article we’ll learn about post nut clarity, why no-one really knows what it is, but also what it might be and what it might do. [...]
- Find out what sexual bullying is, why it’s in all of our interests to stop it, and we can deal with it if it happens to us. [...]
This is one of the most respected and widely visited resources for sex and relationships education, advice, and information. It’s funded by your kind donations to the Patreon. Please support it with £1 a month if you can.Become a Patron!
Or if Patreon is not your thing, you can make a one off or regular donation via Donorbox
If you’re teaching about this please promote BISH to your (14+) students (here are some posters for you to print), but this website is not designed for classroom RSE teaching. Head over to my website for practitioners for resources.
If you want some more advanced advice for adults check out the work I do with Meg-John Barker at megjohnandjustin.com. We wrote a sex advice book called A Practical Guide to Sex and we also have some zines. I also run a podcast called Culture Sex Relationships.
If you a) are over 18 and b) have money, you might be interested in my Solution Focused coaching service. So if you are struggling with sex, relationships, and you generally, you might find it really useful. We would work to find what resources you already have to help you to realise your best hopes. It’s really effective and you may well only need one or two sessions. Find out more at my coaching page here.
Proudly supported by
YOU via Patreon